Compassionate care is the thread that ties us together!
Current Positions Available
Click below for more details about open career opportunities at WHF.
Full-time and Part-time, Non- Exempt
36-40 hrs/week and 20-30 hrs/week
Under direct and general supervision of the RN and LPN staff, the Medical Assistant provides direct patient care within the clinic. The Medical Assistant also coordinates on-going medical care and accurately documents services provided.
Experience & Education Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Diploma required & Medical Assistant certificate is a plus.
- Previous experience in a hospital/clinic setting is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Communicates clinical information to the physicians and other team members.
- Assures that patients and their families receive the health information that they need for their understanding of their condition.
- Demonstrates clinical skills in assisting and office procedures on a daily basis and through competency testing.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Evaluates and admits patients to assigned clinical areas.
- Carries out physician orders including medication and administration in a safe manner per policy guidelines.
- Ability to independently complete the following assisting procedures: dressing changes, assist with surgical or office procedures, obtains pulse oximetry levels, spirometry testing, administration of nebulizer treatments, IM, subcutaneous, and intra-dermal injections, cast application and removal, suture removal.
- Demonstrates an understanding of legal implications and responsibilities related to the delivery of professional nursing care, documentation, confidentiality, and to protect the patient and the institution.
- Maintains and cleans instruments and all patient care medical equipment.
- Operates medical and office equipment in a safe manner.
- Follows OSHA and internal policies and procedures to include, universal precaution, guidelines on bloodborne pathogens, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Obtains patient history, documents patient condition/information, prepares patients for appropriate examination, administers medication/treatment as ordered by the physician.
- Organized and efficient so that patients are treated at their appointed times.
- Obtains necessary written consent to treat forms.
- Coordinates patient testing and admissions.
- Provides patient instruction.
- Keeps departments properly cleaned, orderly and stocked.
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Notifies the Nursing Manager immediately of issues or areas of concern.
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned. Must perform tasks that are supportive in the nature to the essential functions of the job but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
If you are interested in this position please apply online, or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online using the form below or download a printable application form.
Note: once you begin the online application form, do not leave this page or close this window until you have completed and submitted your application.